February 20, 2014

Pre-Surgery

FINALLY, some really, really good news!

My apologies for the delay -- initially we received some mixed news and so my mom had to undergo a few more tests to rule out some scary things that they were talking about, but luckily all the tests came back normal!

We met with the oncologist and my mom's scans were "remarkably" improved! Her CA-125 also fell from 70 to 21, so she is now in the normal range (under 35 is considered normal). The best news of all is that she is a candidate for surgery and has been granted medical clearance!

Surgery is on Tuesday (2/25), so we're busy preparing. Dealing with legal docs and health care power of attorney has been quite daunting and a bit scary, but I realize it's all part of the process.

My mom is feeling good and continues to remain very calm about surgery. I'm a little more freaked out about it all, but I just have to keep faith that everything is going to be okay.

Saturday is mom's 60th birthday, so I'm planning some surprises and I hope to have a nice weekend with her and my aunt.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to your Mom next week!!!!! Miss you and thinking of you always! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all goes swimmingly well for your mom! I will be thinking of you both. You're in my thoughts every day. Happy Birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete